Tuesday 22 March 2011

Agatha Christie Planned her Books while doing the Dishes!

Artists who consider themselves 'starving' artists know exactly what I mean by the term 'struggling' writers. The thing is being a writer is hard...boy, do I know it! It's difficult for us to make a living out of what we do, but sometimes, having the passion for it, we are content with the recognition and that recognition, the ability to inspire through the power of our words,the ability to move...is just...well...enough.

Of course, there is a frustration with waiting for the 'big' or next 'big' break. Diligence, patience, determination is key in this case. It's really a waiting game, but just sitting around and doing nothing will achieve nothing, no recognition and no earning.

So take action! Get down and start writing, read books, do research on what makes good writing and take every opportunity that comes your way to get your writing noticed. Here's something to get you going:

Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them.-Flannery O'Connor

Manuscript: something submitted in haste and returned at leisure.-Oliver Herford

When I was a little boy, they called me a liar, but now that I am grown up, they call me a writer.-Isaac Bashavis Singer

The best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes.-Agatha Christie

I know I haven't been around for a while...haven't posted a blog up in a long time. I've been writing for Asian Wedding Online Ltd., www.asianweddingonline.com, an organisation that believes in providing honest editorial content, an A-Z guide to Asian brides and grooms! It's really an amazing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment